Senior Lean Engineer (SMS Leader)
SMS (Sanofi Manufacturing System) is Sanofi’s Continuous Improvement system (lean) that provides a holistic framework of tools, principles and behaviours. The SMS team in Geel is responsible for the deployment of SMS at the site. This means deploying the tools and standards, providing coaching to the different departments and their management and provide training of SMS principles at the site.
For the SMS team, we are looking for a senior Lean engineer (SMS Leader) with a strong experience in change management. The purpose of this role to lead functional or cross-functional (process) boosters to support the deployment of the Sanofi Manufacturing System along its 3 dimensions (Industrial Culture, Way of Working and Operating System). Build and execute on the site SMS roadmap. Coaching of the other SMS leaders in the team.
- Accountable to manage assigned functional & cross-functional improvement projects. Define content and impact of the improvement program, follow-up & ensure the associated impacts together with the department head
- Accountable to support network activities, acts as “site referent” for their assigned standards in network. Representing the needs of the site and ensuring alignment & standardization across Sanofi (appr. 20% of the time)
- Define and execute site Continuous Improvement roadmap together with head of manufacturing excellence.
- Provide required training and individual coaching to other CI leaders and (senior) Leadership
- Identify initiatives, savings potential and ambitions, using data & fact-based methods
- Capture improvement initiatives together with the change agents and create the related implementation plan by facilitating (cross)-functional workshops
- Lead implementation of initiatives, continuously check progress to plan, mitigate barriers and monitor the impact during implementation
- Managing relationship with Line Leadership (SLT, Managers and supervisors) in impacted area
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with peers across the Biologics Platform and IA
- Ensure that the status & progress is reported to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain a sufficient skill level by participating both in internal (site) and external (network) training events on a regular basis
- Follow relevant literature and developments and integrate these into useful practices and current methods
- Share insights, best practices and learned lessons across the network on a regular basis
- Minimum of 5 years in Industrial Operations environment
- 2 years of experience in Biologics/Pharma.
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Biology, Chemistry or other similar, relevant disciplines.
- Command of change management issues and methodologies at senior leadership level would be a strong plus
- Experience working on transformation initiatives in an industrial environment (lean six sigma green belt or black belt) would be a strong plus
- Support change while achieving business goals
- Coach and give feedback, empower people & develop your Change Leaders
- Agility - learn and synthesize complex information quickly
- Transversal collaboration - Actively engage with peers across the network to learn, share and implement best practices
- Role model the CI leadership behaviors
- Act for Change - Show a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo and display a drive/passion for continuous improvement
- Uses escalation mechanisms appropriately to help ensure impact
- You will get an open-ended contract at Sanofi with fringe benefits (meal vouchers, hospitalization insurance, group insurance, etc.)
- This position is in day shift with flexible hours
- A place in an international, changing and continuously growing environment