The Process Engineer/Scientist Purification is part of the downstream team in the Drug Substance (DS) function within the global Manufacturing Science & Technology (MSAT) and is based at the Sanofi Geel biopharmaceutical manufacturing site. The MSAT mission is enable reliable supply of speciality care medicines by providing technical and scientific support to their licensure, ongoing commercial manufacturing, and life-cycle management (LCM) activities.
The MSAT DS function within Sanofi biologics manufacturing network delivers innovative, robust, and cost-effective next generation processes and provides commercial manufacturing support. The function is also responsible for tech transfer activities including process fit-gas assessment, process validation, dossier sections preparation, & PAI support to enable launch of new and LCM products. Our expansive portfolio covers multiple products, modalities and expression systems within 12 internal and external global sites in US and EU. We will be supporting launch of 20 new products in next 5 years including monoclonal and multi-specific antibodies, fusion protein, antibody-drug conjugate, synthorins and nanobodies. In recent years we have successfully established second-generation manufacturing process with continuous process platforms. We are pursuing future innovations such as digital labs, factory of future and advanced analytics based process understanding and control.
- Technology transfer, initial process validation and process control strategy definition for introduction of new products and processes at manufacturing scale
- Identification of process improvements to increase yield or process robustness, and generation of a supportive data package leading to implementation at manufacturing scale
- Supporting and safeguarding existing production processes by data trending and monitoring, generation of scientific/technical study protocols and reports in support of significant changes, product impact assessments upon significant deviations in the production process and provided technical advice to questions of other departments
- You have a PhD or master in Life Sciences, with relevant experience of minimum 3 years, in process development or MSAT-like functions
- Since all writing is in English and given the international context, you are fluent in writing and talking in English
- You have specific experience in protein purification on lab- and/or manufacturing scale; experience with growing mammalian cells in bioreactors is a plus
- You are flexible
- You are a strong communicator, who is able to connect, go in discussion and find compromise with people in other departments or sites
- You have an excellent analytical and problem-solving mindset, are accurate with the necessary eye for detail
- You are familiar with various statistical and data trending techniques
- You like to work in team and consider yourself to be a good team player.
- immediately a permanent contract at Sanofi
- full-time position in day shift (flexible working hour system)
- an attractive salary package with meal vouchers (worth €8), a hospitalization insurance,..
- career opportunities in a growing organization where involvement, integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and collaboration are driving values
- Function in day shift (flexible working hour system), 40-hours week