About the Opportunity
New internal opportunity has become available as Payroll Officer in our Belgian HR Services team. In this analytical specialist role, your main priorities will be the optimization and coordination of the employee life cycle (onboarding, employee data management, job changes, offboarding, …), with a focus on the preparation for a seamless payroll.
We offer a dynamic service center environment with room to gain new skills and experiences relating to broader HR related activities. You will be able to expand your horizon, working for an international company, and at the same time further deepen your expertise to optimize employee experience.
In this role you will...
- Responsible for delivering accurate and on-time monthly payroll in compliance with local legislation and company policies
- Take ownership of payroll activities by coordinating actions, liaising with teams and ensuring activities had been done
- Act as a trusted partner for our employees and main stakeholders (Payroll agency, Finance, ITS, Facilities Management and especially HR)
- Monitor and support the colleagues in the shared service center
- Advise on and execute local on-site tasks regarding the employee life cycle
- Be responsible for time and attendance administration
- Deliver occasional reports
- Seek for the continuous improvement of our processes and automation
- Participate in local, regional and global projects
This position is based at either our offices in Geel, Diegem or at our R&D site in Ghent and includes supporting the employees of all Belgian sites. You work closely with the local colleagues in the Belgian team and with your colleagues in our shared service center in Budapest.
Qualifications/Education & work experience:
- A bachelor level or equivalent by experience
- 1+ year of experience in a similar position
- Good IT skills (mainly Excell)
- A strong knowledge of Belgian social legislation
- Extensive Belgian payroll process knowledge
- Experience with Workday and/or eBlox is a plus
- A sense of urgency and flexibility
- A high-paced and proactive attitude
- A strong attention to details
- The ability to work in a virtual team with colleagues in the Netherlands and Hungary
- Experience in matrix environment is a plus
- Oral and written fluency in Dutch and English, French represents an asset
- Full time function with responsibilities and possibilities to grow in a large and growing organisation where involvement, integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and cooperation are driving values.
- Attractive salary with meal vouchers, DKV hospitalisation insurrance, ...