SMS (Sanofi Manufacturing System) is Sanofi’s Continuous Improvement system (lean) that provides a holistic framework of tools, principles and behaviours. The SMS team in Geel is responsible for the deployment of SMS at the site. This means deploying the tools and standards, providing coaching to the different departments and their management and provide training of SMS principles at the site.
For the SMS team, we are looking for a (senior) Lean Engineer with a strong experience in change management. The purpose of this role is to support the allocated department in developing and executing on of its performance roadmap. To lead functional or cross-functional (process) improvement projects applying the Sanofi Manufacturing System along its 3 dimensions (Industrial Culture, Way of Working and Operating System).
- Accountable to develop the performance roadmap of the allocated department in line with site priorities. Drive the execution of that roadmap by leading or assigning key initiatives from that roadmap.
- Accountable to manage assigned functional & cross-functional improvement projects. Define content and impact of the improvement program, follow-up & ensure the associated impacts together with the department head
- Accountable to support network activities, acts as “site referent” for their assigned standards in network. Representing the needs of the site and ensuring alignment & standardization across Sanofi (appr. 20% of the time)
- Define and execute site Continuous Improvement roadmap together with head of manufacturing excellence.
- Provide required training and individual coaching to other CI leaders
- Identify initiatives, savings potential and ambitions, using data & fact-based methods
- Capture improvement initiatives together with the change agents and create the related implementation plan by facilitating (cross)-functional workshops.
- Managing relationship with Line Leadership (SLT, Managers and supervisors) in impacted area
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with peers across the Biologics Platform and IA
- Ensure that the status & progress is reported to relevant stakeholders
- Maintain a sufficient skill level by participating both in internal (site) and external (network) training events on a regular basis
- Follow relevant literature and developments and integrate these into useful practices and current methods
- Share insights, best practices and learned lessons across the network on a regular basis
- 3 - 5 years in Industrial Operations environment
- Experience in Biologics/Pharma is a plus.
- Master’s degree in Business, Engineering, Operations, Biology, Chemistry or other similar, relevant disciplines.
- Command of change management methodologies (at senior leadership level )
- Experience working on transformation initiatives in an industrial, including familiarity with common lean, project or quality methodologies (i.e. flow analysis, Six Sigma Green/Black belt, etc.)
- Experience in data analysis & statistical tools
- Analytical thinker that can translate large amount of information into clear conclusions
- Support change while achieving business goals
- Coach and give feedback, empower people & develop your Change Leaders
- Agility - learn and synthesize complex information quickly
- Transversal collaboration - Actively engage with peers across the network to learn, share and implement best practices
- Role model the CI leadership behaviors
- Act for Change - Show a healthy dissatisfaction with the status quo and display a drive/passion for continuous improvement
We offer you:
- immediately a permanent contract with Sanofi
- full-time position in day shift (flexible working hour system)
- an attractive salary package with meal vouchers (worth €8), a DKV hospitalization insurance,..
- career opportunities in a growing organization where involvement, integrity, entrepreneurial spirit and collaboration are driving values